I wrote this guide to explain how I converted about 70 Listserv lists (with 10+ years of archives) to Mailman.
If you’re going to do a similar project, then I hope this will be of use to you. It’s definitely the guide I wish I’d had when I started my own conversion!
- Installing Mailman
- Installing Swish for Archive Searching
- Installing an Administrative Command Handler
- Creating Mailman Lists Based on Listserv Lists
- Migrating Subscribers and Keeping Them In Sync
- Converting Listserv Archives to Mailman
- Setting Up Archive Search
- Tips, Tricks, and Notes
The conversion project took me about 6 months total, though I was also working on other projects at the time.
If you have any problems with the code or issues replicating my process feel free to contact me and I’ll help out as best as I can—though the canonical place for general Mailman help is the mailman-users list and list archive (see archive searching tips).